nano lubrication additives
OODA Nano Lubricants one of the leader in the industry, most of the surfaces in mutual contact (i.e., bearings, seals and gears) are lubricated with specific oils in order to control friction and wear. properties of nanoparticles-based lubricants and the phenomena regarding any mechanical system in relation to friction and wear, strongly depends upon the characteristics of the nanoparticles, such as shape, size and concentration within the lubricant.
Even a small concentration of nanoparticles (a few tenths of a percent by weight) could be sufficient to improve the tribological properties of the system. When the load between the sliding parts is small (low load conditions), friction reduction is mainly ascribable to the bearing-like behavior of nanoparticles, that roll between the contact surfaces, keeping their shape intact; for high load conditions, a coating, induced by the presence of nanoparticles, is deposited on the crests of surface roughness and it can reduce direct contact between the asperities, thus, minimize wear.
OODA NanoTechnology Lubricants
Graphene in car and heavy machinery engine's oil benefits lubrication and reduces fuel consumption
Because of the nature (inorganic and refractory) of the nanoparticles generally used as filler, the optimal performances achieved by the nano-lubricant can also be maintained in the working conditions at high temperature, thus avoiding the typical degradation of the traditional organic additives.
Numerous nanoparticles have recently been investigated for use as oil additives. Nano -powders of some metals and their compounds exert an especially effective influence on the characteristics of lubricants. The use of nanoparticles that include Cu, CuO, Fe, Ni, TiO2 and other metallic nanoparticles additives in lubricating oils provides good friction reduction and anti-wear behavior.
NanoTech Lubricants: Most lubricants are liquid oil-based materials:
Nanomaterials (inorganic layered materials)
- Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2)
- Tungsten disulfide (WS2)
- Sp-bonded carbon
We work closely with our nano diamond suppliers to attain just the right balance of nano diamond material for each of our products. OODA NANO Cool is the first product of its kind to utilize today's enhanced Nano-sized materials suspended in de-ionized water to displace heat faster and more efficiently than any other coolant.
- OODA Bond Reduces or eliminates bubbles or vapor barrier (cavitation) that form on hot metal surfaces to reduce coolant temperatures by up to 12°F (-11°C).
- OODA Bond Increases horsepower.
- OODA Bond Extends engine life.
- OODA Bond Superior heat transfer properties compared to glycol-based antifreeze.
- OODA Bond Compatible with new or used antifreeze to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems.
- OODA Bond Improves heat transfer and reduces cylinder head temperature.
- OODA Bond Reduces engine oil temperature.
- OODA Bond Nano Cool contains lubricity enhancers for improved water pump reliability.
- OODA Bond Increase thermal uptake and viscosity for better flow and heat transfer.